Dunbar Education is a leading educational recruitment agency committed to supporting students with additional needs and providing outstanding educational opportunities. We are currently seeking a dedicated and passionate ASC (Autism Spectrum Condition) Mentor to join our team in Corby.
As an ASC Mentor, you will play a crucial role in providing tailored support to students with Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) within an educational setting. Your primary responsibility will be to facilitate the academic and social development of these students, ensuring they have equal opportunities to succeed. You will work closely with students, teachers, and parents, employing a person-centered approach to address individual needs, promote inclusivity, and foster a positive learning environment.
- Provide one-to-one support to students with Autism Spectrum Condition, both in the classroom and during extracurricular activities.
- Implement individualized strategies and interventions to promote academic progress, social skills development, and emotional well-being.
- Collaborate with teachers and other educational professionals to develop and implement personalized education plans.
- Foster a supportive and inclusive environment for students, promoting positive behavior and social interactions.
- Communicate effectively with parents, providing regular updates on student progress and discussing strategies for home and school collaboration.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to student progress, achievements, and challenges.
- Attend relevant training sessions and professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and stay up to date with best practices in ASC support.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Education, Psychology, Special Education, or a related field.
- Prior experience working with individuals on the Autism Spectrum, preferably in an educational setting.
- Strong understanding of Autism Spectrum Condition, its characteristics, and effective strategies for support.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with students, teachers, and parents.
- Empathy, patience, and the ability to build rapport with students with diverse needs.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and policies pertaining to special educational needs and disabilities.
- Ability to work independently, make informed decisions, and manage time effectively.
- Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check, or willingness to undergo one.
To apply for the position of ASC Mentor, please submit your up-to-date CV and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you are interested in the role.