Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity working with children?
Do you have a passion for promoting confidence and resilience in vulnerable students?
Can you remain calm and composed when faced with challenging behaviour?
Dunbar Education are currently seeking Behaviour Support Teaching Assistants to work across Primary Schools in Hertfordshire.
Experience working with children and young people with emotional behavioural difficulties and/or complex needs is highly desirable in this role. We are looking for someone with resilience, and who has a passion for working with children who are struggling to access education. Often, pupils will have low academic ability so you will play a vital part in bridging the gap in their education. You will be supporting both within and outside the classroom. A Behaviour Support Teaching Assistant will reduce levels of unauthorised absence, increase pupil's confidence and social skills, raise attainment, and confidently de-escalate challenging behaviour.
All of our client schools benefit from an experienced SLT team and class teacher who are incredibly supportive and appreciative of their support staff (that's why we pride ourselves on working with them!) This is a great chance to make a real difference to a child's school experience.
Ideally you will have recent school experience. Applications are also welcome from candidates with previous childcare, youth work or adolescent care experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting learners with numeracy and literacy
- Working with groups of students and individual pupils
- Using your interests to engage learners
- Ensuring learners make expected progress
- Supporting learners with pastoral needs
What our schools are looking for:
- Experience of working with children or young people in any setting
- Supportive and empathetic to the needs of learners
- Patience and flexible view on learning
- A passion to make a difference
- Strong numeracy or literacy skills
- An understanding of the National Curriculum
Benefits of working with Dunbar Education:
- A dedicated and experienced consultant - our consultant recruiting for Hertfordshire, Sophie, was previously a teacher so she has excellent knowledge within education!
- Tailored job searching to support you in securing your dream role
- Up-to-date market knowledge and honest advice regarding your career
- Continued support even when you've secured a position in one of our schools
If you would like to hear more, please get in touch with Sophie Roberts at Dunbar Education.