English Teacher WANTED!
We seek a passionate and dedicated English Teacher to join a wonderful specialist provision in Hatfield. As an English Teacher, you will play a crucial role in nurturing students' love for the English language, fostering their literary skills, and instilling a lifelong appreciation for literature.
- Plan and deliver engaging and interactive English lessons to small groups and individual students, tailored to their learning needs and abilities
- Employ a variety of teaching strategies and resources to create a stimulating learning environment that supports student engagement and progress
- Nurture students' confidence in their English language abilities through constructive feedback, positive reinforcement, and a supportive classroom atmosphere
- Foster students' creativity, critical thinking, and analytical skills through the exploration and analysis of a wide range of literary texts
- Encourage students to express themselves effectively through both written and verbal communication, honing their language skills and enhancing their ability to articulate ideas
- Promote good behaviour management within the classroom, using appropriate strategies to address any challenges that may arise
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and implement innovative teaching approaches and share best practices
- Assess and evaluate students' progress regularly, providing comprehensive feedback to students, parents, and colleagues
- Participate in school events, parent-teacher meetings, and other relevant activities to support the overall development of students
- A degree in a relevant subject
- A recognised teaching qualification with QTS, such as a PGCE or equivalent
- Proven experience teaching English language and literature
- Excellent knowledge of English language, including grammar, vocabulary, and literary analysis
- Strong classroom management skills with the ability to inspire and motivate students
- A commitment to providing a supportive and inclusive learning environment for all students
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents and colleagues
- Up-to-date knowledge of current educational trends, pedagogies, and assessment practices
- A passion for English literature and the ability to inspire a love for reading and writing for students
If you are a dedicated and enthusiastic English teacher with a strong commitment to SEN students, we would love to hear from you.