We are looking for a Teaching Graduate to join our team of Special Education Teachers.
You will be responsible for teaching groups of students with mild or moderate disabilities. You will modify the existing curriculum on basic subjects to meet each student's learning requirements and build individual lesson plans tailored to their specific needs. You will also discuss with parents and support staff important matters that might impede students' progress.
Ultimately, you will help and inspire children to achieve important learning milestones.
- Assess students' abilities and craft teaching plans
- Adapt learning materials to students' needs
- Keep track of and reflect on students' progress
- Monitor children's behavioral patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed
- Find engaging activities to teach skills (e.g., drawing and theatre drama)
- Manage your classroom
- Prepare students for the transition to the next academic year
- Inform parents about their children's performance and potential
- Collaborate with the support staff (e.g. school counselors and speech therapists) to create holistic intervention plans
Requirements and skills
- Good knowledge of current special education topics and methodologies
- Experience working with children with a wide range of disabilities
- Ability to assess EHCPs
- A patient, resourceful, and resilient personality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Valid state special education certificate
- Degree in educational background.
To hear more about this excellent opportunity for an SEN Teacher then please contact Aimee Clarke at Dunbar Education today on 07723439887 or email