Job Title: Head of Modern Foreign Languages
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
School: Indepedent Secondary School
Start Date: TBC
A well-established and highly regarded independent secondary school located in the picturesque town of Abingdon, Oxfordshire. With a commitment to academic excellence and a strong focus on holistic education, they are dedicated to nurturing the talents and potential of their students.
Position Overview: They are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Head of Modern Foreign Languages to join a dedicated team. As the Head of Modern Foreign Languages, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our language department and inspiring students to achieve their full potential in modern foreign languages.
- Lead and manage the Modern Foreign Languages department, ensuring a dynamic and engaging curriculum.
- Develop and implement effective teaching strategies to inspire students in the learning of modern foreign languages.
- Mentor and support language teachers to enhance their teaching practices.
- Promote a positive learning environment that encourages language proficiency and cultural understanding.
- Contribute to the development of modern foreign languages programs and extracurricular activities.
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) with relevant teaching qualifications.
- Proven experience in teaching modern foreign languages at the secondary school level.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Passion for language teaching and fostering a love for languages in students.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Access to a vibrant and supportive educational community.
- A beautiful campus in the heart of Oxfordshire.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter detailing their teaching philosophy, experience, and qualifications. Please send your application
If this is a role that you would like to learn more about or would be interested in applying to, then please contact Jake Walsh at Dunbar Education on 01908 929605.
If this isn't what you are looking for, but are interested in hearing about other roles, then Dunbar Education would love to hear from you. We also pay £250 for any successful referrals.
If you have not received a response, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please refer to our website for other available positions.