Meaningful Difference-Making Teacher Opportunity in Stevenage
Are you ready to make a significant impact on the lives of children and young people? We are currently seeking a dedicated and passionate teacher with expertise in SEMH/SEN to join an outstanding school in Stevenage. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional skills in supporting students with challenging behaviours, SLCN, and SEN while prioritising their mental health needs and creating a secure and nurturing learning environment.
We are looking for individuals who are confident in teaching various subjects to small groups of students. Building trusting relationships with children who may have experienced childhood trauma is paramount. Understanding the underlying reasons for their behaviour and devising personalised support plans are essential qualities we seek in our ideal candidate.
- Develop individualised EHCPs and Behavior Support Plans to meet the specific needs of each student
- Create and deliver engaging lessons that cater to the diverse abilities within the class
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all students by strictly adhering to child protection and safeguarding measures in line with school and national policies
- Prepare and assess student work to facilitate positive academic and personal development
- Collaborate effectively with other professionals, including education welfare officers and educational psychologists
- Establish and implement criteria for evaluating the academic and emotional progress of students with SEMH needs
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Demonstrated success in teaching and motivating young people with challenging behaviours and SEMH
- Proficiency in communication methods to support SEMH and SLCN in children and young people
- Thorough understanding of the SEN code of practice
- Strong dedication to enhancing the lives of young people, regardless of their backgrounds and experiences
If you are passionate about making a meaningful difference in the lives of children and young people, regardless of their challenges, we encourage you to apply. Join our team and contribute to the positive development and growth of our students. Please submit your application, including your CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and commitment to supporting SEMH/SEN students.