Are you looking for a role within a SEND school? - You have come to the right place!
Having previous in-school teaching experience is desirable, but if you can demonstrate experience in caring for and supporting children between 5 to 16-years-old, involvement in voluntary work and evidence of personal knowledge of SEND and ALN, you may find that schools are supportive of new Teaching Assistants looking to specialise.
Your duties as a SEND Teaching Assistant will include the following:
- Supervise pupils with SEND and ALN, ensuring their safety and ability to access learning activities and understand the information presented.
- Aid the execution of education plans suitable to each pupil's learning objectives.
- Build a trusting relationship with all pupils and communicate according to their understanding.
- Promote inclusion and acceptance, support diversity and ensure pupils have equal access to learning and development.
- Promote class interaction and ensure pupils engage throughout the lessons.
- Provide opportunities for developing independence.
- Create a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment.
- Assist with the display of pupils' work and the planning of learning activities.
To hear more about this excellent opportunity then please get in touch with Aimee Clarke on 07723439887 at Dunbar Education today.