Do you aspire to be a speech and language therapist?
Are you exploring the many avenues you can take to become fully qualified, but need additional practical experience prior to doing so?
If you are keen on this career path and you would like to spend the remainder of the academic year working in a fantastic SEN school with children who are visually impaired then do not hesitate to apply now!
You will attend to pupils' personal needs, and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, behavioural, hygiene, first aid, medical and welfare matters
- Take part in other curricular activities (including but not exclusively swimming and school trips, loading minibus where appropriate).
- Deliver excellent support for learning under the direction of the teacher.
- Deal with personal care needs of pupils, following laid down school procedures.
- Work closely with the class teachers, SENDCo and therapists to enable the pupils to meet their educational needs.
- Support the class teacher and Teaching Assistant in implementing an individual education plan and helping the pupils to attain their targets.
- Feedback relevant information to teachers and parents on a regular basis.
- Carry out duties in line with the normal expectations of a school environment (for example: playground duties and lunch duties).
- Exhibit high moral standards in dealing with confidential and sensitive situations.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to equality and diversion issues.
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people you will support.
- The chance to be a part of a fantastic specialist school.
- The chance to gain invaluable classroom and SEN/PMLD experience prior to teacher training.
- Full-time Monday-Friday 08:20-15:30.
- £350-£425 per week (term time only).
- Immediate start for the full academic year.
- If you have not received a response within 7 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For other available positions please refer to our website.