SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: St Albans and Surrounding Areas
Duration: 20 Weeks Temporary-to-Permanent
Employer: Dunbar Education
Are you a passionate and dedicated individual looking to make a positive impact on the lives of children with Special Educational Needs (SEN)? Dunbar Education is seeking an enthusiastic SEN Teaching Assistant to join our team in St Albans and surrounding areas. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a rewarding role with the potential for permanent employment.
As an SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be responsible for providing essential support to students with SEN within a school setting. You will work closely with teachers and other professionals to create an inclusive learning environment where every child can thrive.
- Assist in implementing Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for students with SEN.
- Provide one-on-one or small group support to students who require additional assistance.
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom atmosphere.
- Support students with various SEN, including but not limited to autism, ADHD, and learning disabilities.
- Help with classroom management and behaviour management strategies.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and external agencies to ensure the best possible outcomes for students.
- DBS on the Update Service or willingness to obtain one.
- Passion for working with children and young people with SEN.
- Patience, empathy, and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in different school settings.
What We Offer:
- 20 weeks temporary contract with the strong potential for a permanent position.
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Access to over 1000 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) courses to support your career growth.
- Ongoing support and training opportunities.
- The chance to make a real difference in the lives of children with SEN.
If you are a dedicated individual with a passion for supporting children with SEN and are ready to take on this rewarding role, we would love to hear from you. Apply today and join the Dunbar Education team in St Albans and surrounding areas.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and motivation for applying
Dunbar Education is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.