Are you a compassionate and dedicated individual with a passion for supporting students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)? We are seeking an ASD Teaching Assistant to join our inclusive and supportive team at a local primary school in Hemel Hempstead. As an ASD Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in providing personalised assistance to students with ASD, helping them access the curriculum and reach their full potential.
- Work closely with students with ASD, providing one-on-one or small group support to meet their individual needs.
- Assist in creating and implementing individualised education plans (IEPs) and behaviour support plans.
- Support the classroom teacher in delivering differentiated lessons and activities to accommodate students with ASD.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment, promoting social skills and independence.
- Use various communication tools and techniques to facilitate effective communication with students with ASD.
- Collaborate with the SENCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator) and other staff members to ensure the holistic development of students with ASD.
- Previous experience working with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder is preferred but not mandatory.
- Empathy, patience, and understanding of the unique challenges faced by students with ASD.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build positive relationships with students, staff, and parents.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of students with ASD.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the classroom teacher and other support staff.
- Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check or willingness to undergo one.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Training and professional development opportunities to enhance your skills as an ASD Teaching Assistant.
- A supportive and inclusive work environment with opportunities for career growth.
- Make a significant difference in the lives of students with ASD and contribute to their educational journey.
If you have a genuine passion for supporting students with ASD and are committed to making a positive impact in their lives, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please submit your updated CV and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and why you are interested in this role.