We are looking for an experienced and compassionate Behaviour Inclusion Teaching Assistant to join a primary school in Milton Keynes. As a Behaviour Inclusion Teaching Assistant, you will work closely with teachers, parents and other professionals to support pupils with challenging behaviour and additional needs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing 1:1 and small group support to pupils with challenging behaviour
- Developing and implementing behaviour support plans in conjunction with the class teacher and SENCo
- Assisting with the assessment and monitoring of pupils' behaviour and progress
- Supporting pupils with a range of needs, including autism, ADHD and other special educational needs
- Liaising with parents and carers, as well as outside agencies such as educational psychologists and behaviour specialists
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working with children with challenging behaviour and additional needs
- A good understanding of strategies and interventions to support pupils with challenging behaviour
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- A positive and patient approach to supporting children with complex needs
- A Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent (desirable)
This is a temporary full-time position, with the possibility of an extension for the right candidate. The school is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive environment, where all staff are valued and encouraged to develop their skills and expertise.
Dunbar Education is an independent education recruitment specialist that provides temporary and permanent staffing solutions to primary, secondary and SEN schools across the UK.
If you are passionate about supporting children with complex needs and have a proven track record of successfully managing challenging behaviour, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV.