Job Advert: Challenging Behaviour Teacher Assistant at SEN School
Dunbar Education, a leading recruitment agency specializing in the education sector, is currently seeking a compassionate and dedicated individual to join our team as a Challenging Behaviour Teacher Assistant. This exciting opportunity is based in a SEN (Special Education Needs) school, where you will have the chance to make a significant impact on the lives of students with diverse learning needs.
Position: Challenging Behaviour Teacher Assistant
- Provide support to students with challenging behavior, helping them to engage in classroom activities and achieve their learning goals.
- Collaborate closely with teachers, therapists, and other staff members to create a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Implement behavior management strategies, following individualized plans to meet the unique needs of each student.
- Promote students' social and emotional development, fostering a caring and supportive atmosphere.
- Assist with personal care and other daily activities as required.
- Maintain accurate records and contribute to progress reports.
- A genuine passion for working with students who have challenging behavior and a commitment to their educational development.
- While experience in a similar role is desired, it is not essential. We encourage enthusiastic individuals who are willing to learn and grow in this field to apply.
- A valid and up-to-date DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check is required, or the willingness to obtain one prior to starting the role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- The flexibility to adapt to changing situations and the resilience to work effectively in challenging environments.
- A caring and kind nature, with a patient and understanding approach.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Ongoing support, training, and professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- The chance to work within a dynamic and passionate team of education professionals.
- The opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of students with special educational needs.
- A supportive work environment that values teamwork, collaboration, and mutual respect.