We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and passionate Head of Design and Technology Teacher at Key Stage 3, 4 & 5 to join our highly committed and professional team. The post would suit an experienced practitioner or an exceptional NQT, who is committed to raising standards at all levels; delivering excellent lessons and enthusing pupils through their passion for teaching. This is a full-time post working at our Senior Boys' School from January 2023. Plans are in place to significantly develop the workshop over the next year.
To be successful in this role, you must be:-
- suitably qualified with QTS in the appropriate age range and experience teaching at KS3 through to KS5 in Design and Technology.
- Develop, maintain and stimulate pupil's curiosity, interest and enjoyment in design.
- Develop pupils' familiarity, competence and confidence within a safe workshop environment.
- Contribute and engage in extra-curricular Design and Technology activities as well as wider school life.
- Ready to utilise the benefits of an independent curriculum that is innovative and flexible in terms of delivery and content.
- Engaged with the School's ethos, thinking creatively and reflectively within an open, honest and hardworking team.
Above all, you must want the very best for our pupils and be prepared to put their needs first. You recognise the importance of educating the whole child within a broad curricular and co-curricular programme, and of achieving high standards.
In return, we offer a positive working environment, with supportive colleagues and regular opportunities for professional development and training. Additionally, our timetables, class sizes and school culture support a healthy work-life balance