Dunbar Education is currently looking for a Cover Supervisor to work within secondary schools in Kettering. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that classes run smoothly in the absence of teachers, following pre-planned lessons and maintaining good order and discipline in the classroom.
- Deliver pre-planned lessons to classes of students in the absence of teachers
- Manage classroom behaviour and ensure that students remain on task
- Ensure that all necessary resources are available for the lesson
- Manage the class register and take necessary action in case of absence or lateness
- Report back to the teacher or relevant member of staff on the progress made by students during the lesson
- Participate in training and development sessions to enhance skills and knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others
- Good organisation skills and the ability to multitask
- Experience of working with secondary school students
- A good standard of education, with a minimum of a GCSE Grade C/4 (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics
- Flexibility and the ability to work under pressure
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about education and wants to make a difference in the lives of young people. If you think you have the skills and experience we are looking for, please apply today.
To apply, please send your CV. We look forward to hearing from you.