Job Advert: Design Technology Teacher - Secondary School
Are you a passionate and dedicated Design Technology professional seeking a rewarding teaching opportunity? We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Design Technology Teacher to join our vibrant secondary school located in Bicester.
- Develop and deliver engaging and interactive lessons in Design Technology, catering to the needs of students at various levels of ability and experience.
- Teach and assess students in accordance with the national curriculum, ensuring a well-rounded education in areas such as product design, resistant materials, graphics, electronics, and systems control.
- Promote a safe and inclusive learning environment where students can explore their creativity, problem-solving skills, and technical understanding.
- Utilize modern teaching methodologies and innovative resources to enhance student learning and engagement.
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) or equivalent certification in Design Technology.
- A strong academic background in Design Technology or a related field, ideally holding a relevant degree.
- Experience teaching Design Technology at secondary school level, with a comprehensive understanding of the national curriculum.
- Passion for Design Technology and a genuine enthusiasm for inspiring young learners.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish positive relationships with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including pension scheme and healthcare options.
- Opportunities for professional development and access to training programs.
- Supportive and collaborative working environment, fostering teamwork and growth.
- State-of-the-art facilities and resources to enhance teaching and learning.
- Well-established Design Technology department with a strong network of experienced colleagues.
- Clear career progression pathways and opportunities for advancement within the school.
- Convenient location in Bicester with easy access to transportation links.
- Generous holiday allowance and term-time working hours.
- Opportunities to engage in extracurricular activities and school events.
- A strong commitment to staff well-being and work-life balance.
If this is a role that you would like to learn more about or would be interested in applying to, then please contact Jake Walsh at Dunbar Education on 01908 929605 or
If this isn't what you are looking for, but are interested in hearing about other roles, then Dunbar Education would love to hear from you. We also pay £250 for any successful referrals.
If you have not received a response, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please refer to our website for other available positions.