Dunbar Education are currently working with an ofsted outstanding school based in Barnet who are seeking and ECT for Design Technology with an interest in Robotics and Coding. They will also consider expereinced teachers.
Job Title: Design Technology Teacher (Textiles)
Location: Barnet, London
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience - MPS/UPS
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Start Date: September 2023
Our client, an Ofsted outstanding school located in Barnet, is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Design Technology Teacher to join their dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching Design Technology to students in Key Stages 3 and 4, with a particular emphasis on robotics and coding.
- Plan and deliver engaging and challenging Design Technology lessons that inspire and motivate students
- Utilize a range of teaching techniques to cater to a variety of learning styles and abilities
- Assess and monitor student progress, providing regular feedback to students and parents
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Design Technology curriculum
- Foster a positive and supportive learning environment that promotes creativity and critical thinking
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in robotics and coding and incorporate them into lessons where appropriate
- Participate in extra-curricular activities, such as robotics and coding clubs
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Experience teaching Design Technology at Key Stages 3 and 4
- A passion for robotics and coding, and an interest in incorporating these into lessons
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
- A willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school
This position is suitable for either an experienced teacher or an Early Career Teacher (ECT) who has a passion for Design Technology and is keen to develop their skills in this area. The successful candidate will be joining a supportive and forward-thinking department within a school that places a strong emphasis on professional development and career progression.
If you are interesed please apply today or for more information you can contact Daisy O'Toole on 07361588305 or daisy-