Are you seeking a new role from April? Dunbar Education are working with an ofsted good school based in St Albans for a permanent teacher of food technology. Apply today without an applicaton form!
Start Date: April 2024
Location: St Albans
Role: Food Technology Teacher
About the school:
This is a vibrant, nurturing, and ambitious school. Situated on the outskirts of St Albans, the school benefits from large spacious grounds and close links to London.
The school is a member of the Diocese of Westminster Academy Trust. They work together with the other schools in the trust to share best practice and to promote the development of staff and students. The trust is recognised as one of the top 10 academy trusts in the country.
They place great emphasis on the gospel values of Truth, Justice, Peace and Love. This is reflected in the excellent conduct and behaviour of the students and the appreciation of the role they have in serving their school and the wider community. There staff reflect the diverse backgrounds of the students and the school welcome all applicants irrespective of faith.
Benefits of working at the school:
Superb Working Conditions
- Free car parking for all members of staff
- Staff facilities that include free tea and coffee and microwaves and fridges in the staff room as well as access to a cafe selling hot drinks/snacks.
- Staff association which provides gifts, flowers and cards for leavers and staff with significant life events
- Flu vaccinations for all staff
- Commitment to staff wellbeing through DfE Wellbeing Charter for Educational Staff
- Free access to professional counselling service and employee assistance programme
- Priest Chaplain who provides staff support and guidance
- Annual staff retreat
- Email protocol to support work life balance
- Staff well-being morning once per term
- Occasional day in December
- Active Staff Association which organises termly well-being mornings and social events
- Regular staff surveys and staff forum meetings to ensure staff views are taken into consideration
A thriving community where you can enjoy teaching
- Oversubscribed school with close links with the community and supportive parents
- Excellent school behaviour supported by a consistent behaviour management system and centralised detention
- Trust in teachers to decide the best approaches for planning their lessons using Rosenshine as their guiding principles
- Reprographics support to produce classroom resources
- Class Charts information system to enable quick and easy creation of knowledge-rich seating plans
- Class Charts Homework system to allow simple and quick setting, sharing and saving of homework resources
- All teachers issued with a laptop
- Streamlined marking system set by Departments and constantly reviewed
- Three data drops per year with no written subject reports
A serious commitment to professional development
- Staff induction programme for all new staff
- Comprehensive support for ECTs
- Encouragement and opportunities to take part in NPQs, Alban Federation courses, and DOWAT curriculum groups.
- T&L Breakfast briefing once per week and INSET days three times per year
- Wide range of leadership opportunities available across the school
For more information please contact Daisy O'Toole on 07361588305