Girls PE Teacher and Head of Year - Hounslow
Dunbar Education, a leading recruitment agency in the education sector, is pleased to present an exciting opportunity for a passionate and dedicated individual to join a reputable school in Hounslow as a Girls PE Teacher and Head of Year.
School: We are proud to be working closely with a well-established secondary school in Hounslow that is committed to providing an exceptional learning environment for its students. The school has a supportive leadership team, a vibrant PE department, and a strong pastoral care system, ensuring the overall well-being and success of students.
Position: As the Girls PE Teacher and Head of Year, you will have a dual role, teaching Physical Education to girls and overseeing the welfare and development of a specific year group as their Head of Year. This position offers a unique opportunity to make a positive impact on students' physical and personal growth, fostering a love for physical education and supporting their overall well-being.
Requirements: To be considered for this role, you should possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) or equivalent.
- A degree in Physical Education or a related field.
- Experience teaching PE, with a focus on girls' physical education.
- Strong subject knowledge and a passion for promoting physical activity and well-being.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively support and engage with students.
- Leadership qualities and the ability to provide guidance and support as a Head of Year.
- Organizational skills to effectively manage both teaching and pastoral responsibilities.
- Teach Physical Education to girls, delivering engaging and inclusive lessons.
- Promote a positive and supportive learning environment within the PE department.
- Oversee the welfare and progress of a specific year group as their Head of Year.
- Provide guidance and support to students, addressing any concerns or challenges they may face.
- Foster positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Collaborate with the wider school community to organize and participate in extracurricular activities and events.
- Monitor student progress and implement effective strategies to support their academic and personal development.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Continuous professional development opportunities to enhance your skills.
- Supportive leadership and a collaborative working environment.
- Well-resourced facilities and access to modern teaching resources.
- Opportunities for career advancement within a highly regarded school.
Application: If you are a passionate and experienced Girls PE Teacher looking to take on a leadership role as a Head of Year in a thriving school, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV today, or contact Suzanne Jones via Dunbar Education to discuss it further. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussion and interviews.