Apply for this Head of Year role without an application form.
Start date: September 2023 - Full Time
Salary: MPS/UPS London Fringe + TLR 2B
We are looking to recruit a Head of Year who is committed to comprehensive education - someone who genuinely wants to make a difference in students' futures, and committed to, and understanding how outstanding teaching and learning can transform lives.
The main responsibility will be for delivering high quality teaching by modelling good practice. Additionally, you will be required to contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the Academy.
- Develop, maintain, and stimulate pupils' curiosity, interest, and enjoyment in the specialist subject.
- Develop pupils' familiarity, competence, and confidence within the subject.
- Provide challenge for every pupil and encourage all pupils to achieve their potential.
- Contribute and engage in extra-curricular subject-related activities.
- Share in departmental best practice.
- Willingness to invest extra time outside of a lesson to ensure students achieve the best standard at both Key Stage 3 and 4.
About the school:
- The schools' numbers have increased dramatically over the last few years and have a big student intake for September.
- They are a non-selective academy who believes one size doesn't fit all.
- High-performing, non-selective Academy.
- They have been a consistently "Good" OFSTED school since 2012, with our most recent inspection being December 2019.
- Students have consistently achieved some of the best exam results in Southwest Hertfordshire.
If you are interested in the role, you would join a caring supportive staff team with access to great sporting facilities and a comprehensive wellbeing program.
Their senior staff and middle leaders have been supported in their developmental journey, including our Senior Leads for CPD and Pastoral Support & Inclusion.
Please apply for the role for further information or get in touch with Daisy O'Toole at daisy-