Dunbar Education is a leading educational recruitment agency dedicated to connecting exceptional candidates with rewarding opportunities in the field of education. We are currently seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to join our team in September 2023. This position includes a Special Educational Needs (SEN) provision.
As a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) with a focus on Special Educational Needs (SEN), you will play a crucial role in supporting teachers and pupils within the classroom setting, with a specific emphasis on meeting the needs of students with diverse learning requirements. You will provide assistance to the teaching staff, deliver pre-planned lessons, and offer individualized support to students with SEN.
- Collaborate with teaching staff to create and implement individualized learning plans for students with SEN.
- Provide support and assistance to teachers in planning and delivering lessons that meet the specific needs of students with SEN.
- Work closely with students, both one-on-one and in small groups, to reinforce learning concepts and provide additional guidance.
- Adapt teaching materials and resources to accommodate the learning styles and abilities of students with SEN.
- Implement behavior management strategies and techniques to promote a positive and inclusive classroom environment.
- Monitor and track student progress, providing regular feedback to teachers and parents/guardians.
- Collaborate with the SEN team and external professionals to ensure the effective implementation of support plans and strategies.
- Contribute to the overall well-being and personal development of students, fostering their social and emotional growth.
- Relevant qualifications and certifications, including HLTA status or equivalent.
- Previous experience working with students with SEN, preferably within a school or educational setting.
- Strong understanding of various SEN conditions, strategies, and interventions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with students, teachers, parents/guardians, and external professionals.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting students with diverse learning needs.
- Ability to adapt teaching techniques and materials to accommodate individual learning styles and abilities.
- Organizational skills to effectively manage and prioritize workload in a dynamic educational environment.
If you are a dedicated professional with a passion for supporting students with SEN, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are interested in this position.
We appreciate all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Dunbar Education.