History Teacher, Luton
About the school:
Mixed-gender school, students are 11-18 years old, Sixth Form department, non-selective school
We are seeking an enthusiastic History Teacher to join a Secondary School in Luton on an ongoing contract starting in January. The successful candidate will play a vital role in delivering engaging and informative lessons, fostering a love for history, and supporting students' academic development.
- Delivering high-quality history lessons across years 7-11.
- Covering a range of topics, including but not limited to the Industrial Revolution, Warfare, and the Norman Conquest.
- Providing constructive and timely feedback to students to enhance their understanding and progress within the subject.
- Creating a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes active student participation and critical thinking.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS), or suitable experience within a comparable classroom setting.
- Confident in teaching history across the secondary school spectrum (years 7-11).
- Ability to inspire and engage students in the subject matter.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with colleagues and parents.
- Dedication to continuous professional development and staying abreast of educational best practices.
- Competitive salary.
- Supportive and collaborative working environment.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Access to school facilities and resources.
If you are a dedicated and enthusiastic History Teacher looking to contribute to the academic success of students in a dynamic learning environment, we encourage you to apply.
Please note this post will close on 30/11/2023 at 12:00.