Job Title: Learning Support Assistant
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Dunbar Education is working with a well-respected local primary school in Northampton to recruit a dedicated and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of young learners.
About the School: The school is a thriving primary school committed to providing a nurturing and inclusive learning environment for its students. They pride themselves on offering high-quality education and support to meet the diverse needs of their pupils.
Position Overview: As a Learning Support Assistant, you will work closely with the teaching staff to provide targeted support and guidance to students with additional learning needs. Your role will be crucial in ensuring that all pupils can access the curriculum and make progress in their educational journey.
- Collaborate with class teachers to deliver tailored interventions and support strategies for students with additional learning needs.
- Provide one-to-one and small group support to students, reinforcing key concepts and promoting independent learning.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of resources, activities, and materials to support individual education plans.
- Foster positive relationships with students, promoting their well-being, self-confidence, and engagement in learning.
- Monitor and track students' progress, recording observations and providing feedback to teachers and parents/guardians.
- Support students with their social and emotional development, promoting inclusion and a positive classroom environment.
- Collaborate with the SENCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator) and other professionals to ensure effective provision for students with specific needs.
- Contribute to the overall ethos, policies, and aims of the school, promoting a safe and inclusive learning environment.
- Previous experience working as a Learning Support Assistant or similar role is desirable.
- A genuine passion for supporting the educational and emotional development of students.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with students, staff, and parents/guardians.
- Patience, empathy, and adaptability to meet the diverse needs of learners.
- Knowledge of relevant learning support strategies and the ability to implement them effectively.
- Basic understanding of child development and safeguarding principles.
- A commitment to professional development and ongoing learning.
If you are an enthusiastic and dedicated individual looking to make a difference in the lives of young learners, we would love to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity to join a supportive school community and contribute to the positive educational experience of our students.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in the role. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and assessment.
Dunbar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be subject to enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to be part of our dedicated team. Apply today and take the first step towards a rewarding career as a Learning Support Assistant.