Job Title: Learning Support Assistant (LSA) - Special Educational Needs (SEN) Provision
Location: Slough, Berkshire
Position Type: Full-Time
Start Date: ASAP
About Us: Dunbar Education, a leading education provider, is seeking a dedicated and compassionate Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to join our Special Educational Needs (SEN) provision in Slough. We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment that empowers every student to reach their full potential.
As a Learning Support Assistant (LSA), you will play a crucial role in supporting students with special educational needs within our provision. You will work closely with teachers and other professionals to create a positive and inclusive learning environment. The successful candidate will assist in implementing individualized education plans, provide one-on-one support, and contribute to the overall well-being and development of students.
- Provide support to students with special educational needs, both in and out of the classroom.
- Work closely with teachers and other staff members to implement individualized education plans (IEPs).
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students.
- Assist with the development of appropriate learning materials and resources.
- Support students in developing social and communication skills.
- Collaborate with other professionals, such as speech therapists and occupational therapists, as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous experience as a Learning Support Assistant or in a similar role is preferred.
- Relevant qualifications in education, special education, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of special educational needs and the ability to adapt support strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting students with diverse needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Enhanced DBS check (or willingness to undergo one) is mandatory.
How to Apply: If you are a dedicated and caring individual with a passion for making a positive impact on the lives of students with special educational needs, we invite you to apply.
If this is a role that you would like to learn more about or would be interested in applying to, then please contact Jake Walsh at Dunbar Education on 01908 929605.
If this isn't what you are looking for, but are interested in hearing about other roles, then Dunbar Education would love to hear from you. We also pay £250 for any successful referrals.
If you have not received a response, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please refer to our website for other available positions.