Position: Learning Support Manager
We are actively seeking a dedicated and efficient individual to join our Learning Support team as a Learning Support Manager. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in providing essential secretarial and administrative support to the Learning Support team and its stakeholders. This position will contribute to the school's key priorities outlined in the School Improvement Plan.
- Provide support and advice to students, fostering positive behavior, social care, and personal development in alignment with learning and health and safety goals.
- Assist the SENCo in maintaining processes and procedures aligned with school policies, supporting learning, and facilitating effective internal/external school communications.
- Promote exemplary standards of student conduct, discipline, and dress code.
- Adhere to Child Protection policies and safeguarding procedures.
- Support team members and contribute to the overall ethos of the school.
- Focus on individual students, personalizing the school's response to their needs.
- Manage and prioritize workload independently, demonstrating good interpersonal skills in a busy and demanding environment.
- Assist with the registration of students in learning support.
Attitudes and Disposition:
- Work flexibly and efficiently as part of a team, collaborating closely with other team members.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality in all school-related matters, preventing disclosure of information on sensitive issues.
- Uphold a calm, positive, and professional approach when dealing with staff, students, and parents.
- Maintain a tidy and organized office environment conducive to efficient working practices.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Act as a point of contact for parents/carers, handling issues and referring to other staff as necessary.
- Oversee EHCP administration and support the NCH panel review process.
- Monitor and track EHCP attendance, timetabling key support staff, interventions, and exams.
- Manage day-to-day operations of Learning Support, including upkeep of general SEN files.
- Assist with the arrangement of parental meetings for/with the SENCo.
- Conduct analysis, source data/information, and compile relevant information.
- Serve as a First Aider, keeping qualifications up-to-date and providing first aid in line with school policies.
- Support fire evacuation procedures.
- Be the first point of contact/therapeutic response for students needing support throughout the day.
- Perform other relevant tasks as directed by your Line Manager.
If you are a proactive, organized, and compassionate individual with a passion for supporting students' learning and development, we invite you to apply for this rewarding position. Join our team and contribute to creating a positive and nurturing educational environment.