Are you a compassionate and dedicated individual looking to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults with special educational needs (SEN)? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Mental Health Assistant at an SEN School in Bedfordshire.
As a Mental Health Assistant, your primary responsibility will be to provide essential support to students with SEN who may be experiencing mental health challenges. Your role will encompass the following key responsibilities:
Emotional Support: Offer emotional support to students who may be dealing with anxiety, depression, or other mental health issues. Create a safe and nurturing environment where students feel comfortable discussing their feelings and concerns.
Behavioral Support: Assist in managing challenging behaviors by implementing strategies and techniques that are designed to promote positive behavior.
Collaboration: Work closely with teachers, counselors, and other professionals to develop and implement individualized support plans for students with mental health needs.
Monitoring and Reporting: Monitor the progress of students and document any changes in behavior or mental health status. Provide regular updates to the school's staff and parents/guardians.
Crisis Intervention: Be prepared to provide immediate support in crisis situations and follow established protocols for ensuring the safety and well-being of students.
Professional Development: Stay informed about best practices in mental health support for children and young adults with SEN through ongoing training and professional development.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- A genuine passion for working with children and young adults with SEN.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a non-judgmental attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Previous experience in a similar role or a relevant qualification in mental health support or education would be advantageous.
- Competitive daily rate.
- Opportunity for a permanent position.
- The chance to make a meaningful impact on the lives of students with SEN.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Supportive team and school environment.