Second in Charge Science
Want to apply for a permanent Second in Charge Science role with just one click? Interview with a school without completing an application form? Apply for this 2ic Science teacher role through Dunbar Education.
Our partner school, an Ofsted 'Good', Mixed Comprehensive school, located in Luton, are looking for a Second in Charge Science to join them on a permanent basis from September.
The Head has informed us that they are happy to consider both experienced Second in Charge teachers as well as aspiring Science teachers, looking for progression.
The vacancy has come about due to the current Second in Charge, being promoted to HOD.
The successful candidate must have strong teaching, interpersonal and communication skills, a genuine interest in raising the quality of Science teaching in the school and a proven record of classroom success.
Reporting to the Head of Science, you will be an integral part of a highly effective team, playing a leading role in setting and promoting a high standard of teaching and learning in Science throughout the school. They are looking for an enthusiastic and highly committed professional who has a thorough knowledge of the National Curriculum and experience of teaching and examining up to GCSE Level.
- Science Second in Charge
- 11-16 School
- MPS to UPS - Plus TLR
- September Start
- Ofsted 'Good' School
- Permanent Post
What is in it for you?
- Excellent CPD
- Negotiable salary/point on the pay scale plus TLR
- Fantastic opportunities for career progression
- Working in an established department
- Work in a happy and friendly environment with very few behavioural issues
- Apply without completing an application form
About the school/role
- Positive environment for teaching and learning; calm and engaging
- CPD and collaborative practice
- Innovative approach to teaching and learning
- Focus on staff wellbeing
- Established department with range of experienced and newly qualified staff
- Strong leadership who focuses on achieving the best possible outcomes for every child.
- Excellent reputation for the behaviour and achievement of their students
About you (Check the below correct)
- Must have UK QTS/Working towards (Or other recognised teaching qualification)
- Degree Level Qualification
- Able to teach Science to KS4
- Good Behaviour Management Skill
- Experience in UK Classroom
- UK DBS
Why use Dunbar Education
- Apply with just one click
- No application forms
- Direct contact with dedicated consultant for information regarding the school
- Long established relationships with the Headteacher
- Jump the queue to interview through our recommendations
If you are a Science teacher/ aspiring second in charge, and meet the criteria above and would like to hear more then please do not hesitate to get in touch with Dan Brown at Dunbar Education.
If this isn't what you are looking for, but are interested in hearing about other roles, then Dunbar Education would love to hear from you. We also pay £250 for any successful referrals.