Permanent Role: SEN Admissions Officer
Dunbar Education, a leading recruitment agency specializing in education, is delighted to be partnering with an Ofsted 'Outstanding' Special Needs Provision to assist in the recruitment process for the position of SEN Admissions Officer. This will be an ideal role for someone who has worked in SEN or SEMH and is knowledgeable on EHCPs. Applicants must have QTS.
Position: SEN Admissions Officer
Location: Wendover, Buckinghamshire
Contract Type: 37 hours per week (negotiable), 41 weeks per year
Salary: £25,216 - £30,175 FTE (£22,549 - £26,983 Pro-rata)
About the Institution:
The educational institution is committed to providing high-quality education and support for students with special educational needs. With a strong focus on inclusivity and student well-being, the school aims to create an environment where every student can thrive and achieve their full potential.
As the SEN Admissions Officer, you will play a vital role in the admissions process, ensuring the smooth transition and integration of students with special educational needs into the school. You will work closely with external agencies, and internal staff to coordinate the admissions procedure effectively, maintaining accurate records, and providing exceptional support to prospective and enrolled students and their families.
- Facilitate the admissions process for students with special educational needs, maintaining efficient communication channels with parents/guardians, local authorities, and external agencies.
- Conduct assessments and gather relevant information to determine the suitability of applicants for admission.
- Collaborate with teaching staff and multi-disciplinary teams to ensure the provision of necessary support and resources for students.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of admissions, transition plans, and student profiles.
- Provide guidance and support to parents/guardians regarding the admissions process, policies, and available resources.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of admission policies and procedures.
- Assist in organizing transition programs and events to ensure a smooth integration for new students.
- Stay updated with SEN legislation, policies, and best practices to ensure compliance and deliver high-quality support.
- Previous experience in within an educational setting, either mainstream or in special educational needs.
- Strong knowledge of SEN policies, legislation, and best practices.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build positive relationships with parents/guardians, staff, and external agencies.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, managing multiple tasks effectively.
- Proficiency in using relevant IT systems and software.
- A commitment to promoting inclusion, diversity, and equal opportunities in education.
How to Apply:
If you're interested in being considered, please apply today or contact Suzanne Jones at Dunbar Education to discuss further.
The successful SEN Admissions Officer will make a difference in the lives of students with special educational needs. Apply today to be part of a dedicated team that strives to provide an exceptional educational experience.