We are currently seeking a dedicated SEN Assistant to join our team in Milton Keynes on a temp to perm basis.
As an SEN Assistant, you will play a crucial role in assisting students with SEN to access and fully participate in their educational activities. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing one-on-one support to students with SEN in a classroom or educational setting.
- Assisting with the implementation of individualized education plans (IEPs) under the guidance of SEN teachers.
- Supporting students with their daily routines, personal care, and mobility needs.
- Promoting a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Collaborating with teachers, parents, and other professionals to ensure the best possible support for students with SEN.
- Maintaining accurate records of student progress and reporting any concerns to the SEN Coordinator.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous experience working with individuals with SEN is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting students with SEN.
- Ability to work as part of a team and follow instructions effectively.
- A valid DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check or willingness to obtain one.
- Any relevant qualifications or training in SEN support would be advantageous.
- Competitive daily rate (£87.50 - £95) with the potential for permanent employment.
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
- A supportive and inclusive working environment.
- Opportunities to make a positive impact on the lives of students with SEN.