SEMH KS2 Teacher WANTED!
Monday - Friday
Pay starts from £160 per day, depending on experience
Do you have what it takes to make a positive impact on the lives of children and young people
We are seeking dedicated and inspiring SEMH/SEN teachers to join a school in North Hertfordshire. The ideal candidate must be an expert in supporting students with challenging behaviour and SLCN. You should also be able to provide the best support to ensure the mental health needs of the students are met, whilst guaranteeing they have a safe learning environment.
The ideal candidate must be confident in teaching multiple subjects to small groups of students. It would be best if you were confident in developing relationships and building trust with individuals who have often experienced trauma throughout their childhoods. You should be able to consider the reasons behind a child's behaviour and establish support plans for the individual.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop EHCPs and Behaviour Support Plans
- Plan and prepare lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within the class
- Ensure all pupils are safe and that all child protection and safeguarding measures are followed in accordance with school and national policies
- Prepare and mark work to facilitate positive pupil development
- Meet with other professionals such as education welfare officers and educational psychologists
- Devise and apply criteria for evaluating success with pupils who experience SEMH needs which impact their academic and emotional development
- Proven track record of teaching and motivating young people with challenging behaviours and SEMH
- Knowledge of communication methods to aid SEMH and SLCN within children and young people
- Excellent knowledge of the SEN code of practice
- A strong desire to improve the lives of young people, regardless of their background and experiences.
If you feel you meet the requirements, please get in contact with you, as we would love to talk to you, and have roles that need filling ASAP!
What is in it for you?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Access to free CPD (including a Safeguarding Children course)
- An agency that can guarantee you work (conditions apply)
- Exclusive schools that only work with Dunbar Education
- High demand for supply teaching
- Variety of schools to teach in
Why use Dunbar Education?
- Apply to join us with just one click
- Direct contact with a dedicated consultant
- Apply for jobs which aren't advertised elsewhere online
- Jump the queue to interview through our recommendations
- Long-established relationships with schools
- Five-star reviews - Check us out on Google
- We find the right work to suit you
- In-depth knowledge of local schools