Dunbar Education, a leading provider of educational staffing solutions, is currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Special Educational Needs Learning Support Assistant (SEN LSA) to join our team in our SEN Provision in Milton Keynes.
Position: SEN Learning Support Assistant (LSA)
Location: Milton Keynes
Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday
Contract Type: Temp-Perm
As a SEN LSA in our SEN Provision, you will work closely and, in some cases, on a one-to-one basis with learners. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
Knowledge of EHCPs and Learning Needs: Demonstrated understanding of Educational Health Care Plans (EHCPs), learning needs, and the ability to implement effective strategies to engage learners.
Educational Qualification: Ideally, the candidate will hold a relevant qualification in education, providing a solid foundation for understanding paperwork and processes commonly used in educational settings.
Previous Experience: Essential for success in this role is previous experience in a similar position. We are seeking an individual who can hit the ground running, bringing practical knowledge and skills to support our learners effectively.
Task Management: Ability to manage one's workload efficiently, prioritise tasks clearly, and maintain a structured approach to daily responsibilities.
DBS on Update Service: A prerequisite for this role is a valid and up-to-date DBS check on the Update Service. (Or willing to obtain one)
- Proven experience in a similar role within a Special Educational Needs (SEN) environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively engage with learners, parents, and other stakeholders.
- Passionate about supporting learners with special educational needs and contributing to their overall development.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the evolving needs of the SEN Provision.
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of learners with special educational needs, we invite you to apply.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your relevant experience.