Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of children with Special Educational Needs (SEN)? Do you possess the skills and dedication to provide essential support to students who require additional assistance in their educational journey? If so, Dunbar Education, a leading recruitment agency specialising in the education sector, is seeking talented and compassionate SEN Support Staff to join our team on a full-time basis.
About Dunbar Education: Dunbar Education is a renowned and reputable recruitment agency dedicated to connecting exceptional education professionals with schools and institutions across the nation. We pride ourselves on our commitment to both our candidates and client schools, ensuring that every placement is a perfect match.
Responsibilities: As an SEN Support Staff member, you will be an integral part of the school's Special Educational Needs department. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Assisting SEN students in their academic, social, and personal development.
- Implementing Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and providing tailored support to meet the specific needs of each student.
- Collaborating with teachers and other educational professionals to create an inclusive and nurturing learning environment.
- Monitoring and tracking the progress of SEN students, providing regular feedback to teachers and parents.
- Utilizing effective strategies to manage challenging behaviors and foster positive engagement in the learning process.
- Promoting independence and encouraging students to achieve their fullest potential.
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of all students under your care.
Requirements: To succeed in this role, candidates should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Previous experience working with children or young adults with Special Educational Needs (SEN) is highly desirable.
- A genuine passion for supporting and empowering students with diverse learning needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with students, teachers, and parents.
- The ability to adapt and respond effectively to individual learning styles and needs.
- Patience, resilience, and a positive attitude in challenging situations.
- Relevant qualifications or certifications in Special Educational Needs (SEN) would be advantageous but not essential.
- An enhanced DBS check (or willingness to obtain one) to work in educational settings.
Application Process: To apply for this rewarding opportunity to impact the lives of SEN students positively, please submit your updated CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and motivations for the role. Our dedicated team at Dunbar Education will review all applications and contact shortlisted candidates for interviews.