We are seeking a dedicated and passionate SEN (Special Education Needs) Teacher to join our school team. As an SEN Teacher, you will be responsible for providing specialized instruction and support to students with diverse learning needs. You will work closely with students, parents, and other staff members to create and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) tailored to each student's unique requirements.
- Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with special educational needs.
- Assess students' strengths, weaknesses, and learning styles to create appropriate teaching strategies and accommodations.
- Provide direct instruction and support to students in various subjects, adapting teaching methods to suit individual needs.
- Utilize specialized teaching techniques, resources, and materials to facilitate learning and improve student outcomes.
- Collaborate with parents, school staff, and external professionals to ensure effective communication and coordination of support for students.
- Monitor and assess student progress, adjusting instructional strategies as necessary.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student performance, interventions, and achievements.
- Foster an inclusive and supportive learning environment that promotes students' social and emotional development.
- Stay informed about current research, best practices, and legal requirements related to special education.
- Attend meetings, professional development sessions, and other school activities as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Special Education or a related field
- Valid teaching certification with a specialization in special education.
- Previous experience working with students with special educational needs, preferably in a school setting.
- Strong knowledge of different learning disabilities, behavioral disorders, and developmental delays.
- Familiarity with individualized education plans (IEPs) and the ability to develop and implement effective strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for collaborating with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for helping students with special needs succeed.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail for maintaining accurate records and documentation.
- Ability to adapt teaching methods and materials to accommodate diverse learning styles and abilities.
- Knowledge of assistive technologies and adaptive learning tools is a plus.