SEN Teaching Assistant
Are you a committed and empathetic individual seeking to create a beneficial influence on the lives of students with special educational needs? We are presently in search of a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant (SEN TA) to become part of our team in Bedfordshire.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In your role as a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant (SEN TA), you will assume a vital position in delivering aid and support to students with special educational requirements, ensuring both their academic and emotional needs are addressed. Your duties will encompass:
- Collaborating closely with the classroom instructor to implement individualized education plans (IEPs) and deliver personalized support through one-on-one or small group sessions.
- Customizing educational materials and activities to cater to the diverse capabilities of students with varying needs.
- Providing assistance with students' personal care requirements, as necessary.
- Employing positive behaviour management techniques and fostering an inclusive and nurturing classroom atmosphere.
- Coordinating efforts with other professionals, including speech therapists, occupational therapists, and counsellors, to promote the holistic development of students.
- Observing and documenting students' progress while maintaining effective communication with parents, guardians, and the broader school team.
- Past involvement in supporting individuals with special educational needs.
- A patient, empathetic, and compassionate disposition.
- Proficient communication and interpersonal abilities.
- The capacity to function efficiently both autonomously and within a team.
- Adaptability and flexibility to accommodate evolving student requirements.
- A dedication to advancing inclusion and equality in an educational context.
- Beneficial certifications or training in special education or related domains
- A competitive daily compensation ranging from £87 to £95, reflecting your experience and qualifications.
- The prospect of creating a significant impact in the lives of students with special educational needs.
- Continuous professional growth and training prospects.
- A cooperative and encouraging workplace atmosphere.
- An opportunity to be a part of a long-standing and esteemed educational establishment.
Please apply if this role is of any interest to you.
If this isn't what you are looking for, but are interested in hearing about other roles, then Dunbar Education would love to hear from you. We also pay £250 for any successful referrals.