Dunbar Education is currently seeking a passionate and dedicated Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant to join a dynamic team at a school based in Corby. As an SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting students with special educational needs and disabilities, assisting them in achieving their full potential.
- Provide one-on-one support to students with special educational needs, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Assist with the implementation of individualized education plans (IEPs) and support the delivery of specialized learning programs.
- Support students in accessing the curriculum, including adapting materials and resources as required.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes the social and emotional development of students.
- Collaborate with teachers and other professionals to monitor student progress and provide feedback.
- Promote independent learning and assist with the development of students' self-esteem and confidence.
- Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of students at all times.
- Relevant experience working with students with special educational needs, preferably in a school setting.
- A genuine passion for supporting and enabling the progress of students with special needs.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships with students, teachers, and parents.
- Patience, empathy, and resilience when working with students facing various challenges.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to meet the individual needs of students.
- Basic knowledge of relevant educational practices and strategies for supporting students with special needs.
To apply for the position of SEN Teaching Assistant at Dunbar Education, please submit your updated CV along with a cover letter detailing your experience and suitability for the role.