We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated SEN Teaching Assistant to join a SEN School in Milton Keynes. The successful applicant will provide educational, physical and emotional support to pupils with special needs.
This role is perfect for someone who has experience working with children and wants to develop their skills as a SEN Teaching Assistant. It involves working with the teacher to ensure pupils reach their full potential while providing guidance, support and advice to pupils, parents/carers and staff.
- Assisting the classroom teacher with teaching activities, delivering intervention programmes and reinforcing basic learning
- Working on a 1:1 basis or in small groups of students with special educational needs such as Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia etc.
- Adapting materials, strategies and activities to suit individual pupil's needs
- Promoting inclusion in all aspects of school life
- Liaising with outside agencies to ensure that appropriate resources are made available
The successful candidate must possess a good level of understanding when it comes to supporting children with special needs, be confident working both independently and within a team and be prepared to use their initiative when needed. Previous experience working as a SEN teaching assistant is essential.
Salary for this role is competitive between £20k - £30k depending on qualifications/experience.
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV along with a cover letter explaining why you would be suited for this position.