We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Speech Language and Communication Needs (SLCN) Teaching Assistant to join our team at a primary school in Milton Keynes. As an SLCN Teaching Assistant, you will work closely with teachers, parents, and other professionals to support children who have difficulties with speech, language, and communication.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing 1:1 and small group support to pupils with SLCN needs
- Developing and implementing personalised learning plans in conjunction with the class teacher and SENDCo
- Assisting with the assessment and monitoring of pupils' progress
- Supporting pupils with a range of needs, including autism, ADHD, and other special educational needs
- Liaising with parents and carers, as well as outside agencies such as speech therapists and educational psychologists
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working with children with speech, language, and communication needs
- A good understanding of strategies and interventions to support pupils with SLCN needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- A positive and patient approach to supporting children with complex needs
- A Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent (desirable)
This is a temporary full-time position, with the possibility of an extension for the right candidate. The school is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive environment, where all staff are valued and encouraged to develop their skills and expertise.
Dunbar Education is an independent education recruitment specialist that provides temporary and permanent staffing solutions to primary, secondary, and SEN schools across the UK.
If you are passionate about supporting children with complex needs and want to make a real difference in their lives, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.