Job Title: Subject Leader of Media
Location: Epping, Essex
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Start Date: September 2023
Salary: MPS/UPS Plus TLR
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and passionate Subject Leader of Media to join our school in Epping. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Media department and ensuring the delivery of high-quality teaching and learning experiences to our students aged 11 to 18.
- Lead and manage the Media department, ensuring the delivery of high-quality teaching and learning experiences that meet the needs of all students
- Monitor and assess student progress, providing regular feedback to students and parents to support their learning and development
- Plan and deliver engaging and challenging Media lessons to students of all abilities
- Develop and maintain a stimulating and supportive learning environment, including the provision of appropriate resources and equipment
- Contribute to the wider life of the school, including extra-curricular activities and events
- Maintain up-to-date subject knowledge and keep abreast of new developments in the field of Media
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop and share effective teaching and learning practices
- Follow school policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of students at all times
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent
- Experience of teaching Media to KS3, KS4, and KS5 students
- A degree in Media Studies or a related subject
- A passion for Media and a commitment to delivering high-quality teaching and learning experiences to students of all abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage a team effectively
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you are an experienced and passionate Subject Leader of Media who shares our vision for delivering high-quality education, we would love to hear from you.