Company Overview: Dunbar Education Recruitment Agency is a leading provider of education professionals to schools across the region. We are committed to delivering the highest quality of education support to students in Special Educational Needs (SEN) schools. We are currently seeking enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join our Moving and Handling Team.
Job Description: As a member of our Moving and Handling Team, your primary role will be to provide essential support to class staff in a SEN school. You will play a vital role in assisting with the delivery of physiotherapy programs and supporting the work of teaching assistants. Your support will contribute to creating an inclusive and nurturing learning environment for students with special educational needs.
- Assist class staff with the implementation of physiotherapy programs.
- Provide support to students with mobility challenges, ensuring their safety and comfort.
- Collaborate with teaching assistants to help create a supportive and engaging classroom environment.
- Follow guidelines for safe moving and handling practices, ensuring the well-being of students and staff.
- Offer one-on-one support to students as needed, promoting their independence and development.
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential.
- A passion for working with children and young people with special educational needs.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to the specific needs of the school and its students.
- Current DBS on the update service or the commitment to obtain one before starting the role.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Full-time employment during term time, allowing for a healthy work-life balance.
- The opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of students with special educational needs.
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities.
- Supportive and inclusive work environment.
- Chance to be part of a dedicated team focused on improving educational outcomes.
How to Apply: If you are passionate about working with children and young people with special educational needs and are ready to make a positive difference in their lives, we encourage you to apply. Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest in the role.