Are you looking for a challenging but rewarding role and enjoy making a difference in a young adult's life?
Dunbar Education is currently recruiting Support Workers to provide social, emotional, and mental health support to young people between the ages of 16-25, by preparing them for adult life and facilitating their transition into further education, training, or employment.
Location: Cranborne Dorset BH21
Hours: 42 hours per week, 12 hour shifts 8am-8pm spread over 3-4 shifts per week (including every other weekend)
Salary: £9.65 - £10.70 ph
No experienced needed - Increased rates for those with experience
- Following a handover from our night team; you'll support our students with their morning routine, ensuring they are ready for their day in College. This will be with the use of verbal and visual prompting dependent on the need of the student.
- Once at college, you'll work alongside our Teachers and TA's and assist the students in staying concentrated and focused on their work; providing emotional support as required.
- You'll also provide a key liaison point for parents and carers and ensure all health/medical appointments are attended.
- After college, you'll work with the students in preparation for dinner (again; prompting/motivating rather than doing); and in the evening you'll join in with whatever activities the students want to do.
- Full training with the opportunity to study the Level 3 diploma in Health and Social Care (funded by us!)
- Free lunch
- Perkbox subscription
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cashback plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Free parking
If you are interested in this role, please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Westley at Dunbar Education.