We are currently seeking dedicated and compassionate Support Workers to join our team at a Special Educational Needs (SEN) school. As a Support Worker, you will play a crucial role in supporting students with special needs and disabilities, helping them to achieve their full potential academically, socially, and emotionally.
- Provide one-on-one support to students with special educational needs, ensuring their safety and well-being at all times.
- Assist students with their daily activities, including personal care, feeding, and mobility support as required.
- Help students with academic tasks, providing individualized assistance and adapting teaching materials as necessary.
- Support students during social interactions and help foster positive relationships with peers.
- Implement behavior management strategies and support students in developing appropriate social skills.
- Collaborate with teachers, therapists, and other professionals to create and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students.
- Monitor and record students' progress, reporting any concerns or observations to the relevant staff members.
- Support students during field trips, outings, and extracurricular activities.
- Maintain a safe and inclusive learning environment for all students.
- Attend team meetings and training sessions as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous experience working with individuals with special educational needs is highly desirable.
- A compassionate and patient approach to working with children and young people.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build rapport with students, parents, and staff.
- Ability to adapt to the individual needs and learning styles of students.
- Understanding of safeguarding procedures and the ability to follow school policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of common disabilities and conditions affecting children with special needs.
- Basic knowledge of relevant teaching and support techniques is an advantage.
- Flexibility and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.