Teacher of DT and STEM
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Design Technology teacher to join our school, starting September 2023. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching Design Technology to students in KS3, KS4, and Sixth Form, as well as supporting Engineering BTEC and teaching some KS3 Science. The role is full-time and permanent.
As a Design Technology teacher, you will be responsible for creating a positive and stimulating learning environment that encourages pupils to be intellectually curious and independent learners. You will be expected to teach effectively, making these subjects enjoyable and engaging for all students.
- To teach Design Technology to students in KS3, KS4, and Sixth Form, as well as support Engineering BTEC and teach some KS3 Science
- To create and deliver engaging lesson plans that are appropriate for the different age groups and abilities of the students
- To manage and maintain the Design Technology department and ensure that equipment and resources are in good condition and up-to-date
- To assess and evaluate student progress and provide feedback to students and parents as required
- To participate in extracurricular activities related to Design Technology, such as clubs, competitions, and events
- To maintain good relationships with colleagues, students, and parents
- A degree in a relevant subject
- A recognised teaching qualification (PGCE/QTS)
- Experience of teaching Design Technology to students at KS3, KS4, and Sixth Form level
- Knowledge of Engineering BTEC and KS3 Science
- A passion for teaching and a commitment to making learning enjoyable and engaging for all students
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including pension scheme and access to professional development opportunities.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are suitable for the role.
If this is a role that you would like to learn more about or would be interested in applying to, then please contact Jake Walsh at Dunbar Education on 01908 929605.
If this isn't what you are looking for, but are interested in hearing about other roles, then Dunbar Education would love to hear from you. We also pay £250 for any successful referrals.
If you have not received a response, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please refer to our website for other available positions.