We are currently seeking a dedicated and passionate Youth Worker to join our team in Northampton. This position offers an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of children with Special Educational Needs (SEN). If you have previous experience working with SEN children and possess the enthusiasm and skills required for this role, we encourage you to apply.
- Provide one-on-one and group support to children with SEN, focusing on their personal, social, and emotional development.
- Organize and facilitate engaging activities, programs, and workshops tailored to the specific needs and interests of the children.
- Foster a safe and inclusive environment where children can learn, grow, and build positive relationships with their peers.
- Collaborate with families, educators, and other professionals to ensure the holistic development and well-being of the children.
- Monitor and document the progress and achievements of the children, and provide regular feedback to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Promote equality, diversity, and inclusion throughout all aspects of your work.
- Previous experience working with children with SEN is highly beneficial.
- A genuine passion for working with children and young people, and a desire to make a positive impact in their lives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and establish meaningful connections with children, parents, and professionals.
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to adapt your approach to meet the individual needs of each child.
- A willingness to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check or possession of an up-to-date DBS certificate.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work within a supportive team environment that values collaboration and professional growth.
If you are enthusiastic, compassionate, and ready to make a difference in the lives of SEN children, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in this position. We look forward to hearing from you!