We are on the lookout for an experienced and dependable 1:1 Learning Support Assistant to join a lively primary school, in Hitchin, catering to children with Special Educational Needs (SEN).
The successful candidate will become an integral part of our friendly and enthusiastic team, providing specialised support within a secure learning environment. This role requires experience in guiding and motivating individual pupils who require additional assistance in the classroom, whether through tailored interventions or specific learning activities.
- Provide 1:1 support to pupils for enhanced learning and social development.
- Assess individual pupil needs and customise interventions to boost learning, development, and achievement.
- Identify and utilise appropriate resources for effective learning delivery.
- Adapt resources as necessary to accommodate specific needs.
- Foster positive behaviour, encourage independent learning, and serve as a positive role model.
- Participate in additional activities outside the classroom.
- Qualified with NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with children.
- Ability to engage children in meaningful activities.
- Proficient knowledge of safeguarding children.
- Up-to-date with best practices in special education.
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and organisational skills.
- Commitment to building positive relationships with children, colleagues, and parents.
This is a full-time, permanent position from Monday to Friday, 8:30-15:30. The successful candidate should be available to commence as soon as possible.
If you possess the necessary skills and experience for this role, kindly submit your CV for immediate consideration. We anticipate hearing from you.
Why use Dunbar Education:
- One-click application process.
- Direct contact with a dedicated consultant.
- Access to jobs not advertised elsewhere online.
- Priority consideration for interviews through our recommendations.
- Established relationships with schools.
- Positive reviews - Check us out on Google.
- Tailored job matching.
- In-depth knowledge of local schools.
- Competitive rates of pay.
How to Apply: If you would like to learn more about this role or are interested in applying, please contact Kira Keech at Dunbar Education on 07897 014303 or email your CV.
Alternatively, if this role doesn't match your requirements but you're open to exploring other opportunities, Dunbar Education would love to hear from you. Additionally, we offer a £250 reward for successful referrals.