Are you passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of children with special educational needs? Do you possess the skills and dedication to provide tailored support to help them thrive academically and emotionally? Dunbar Education is seeking a motivated and compassionate 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant to join our team in Corby.
Position: 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant
Start Date: ASAP or September (Please specify in your cover letter)
Employment Type: Full-time (Term-time only, 5 days a week)
- Provide 1:1 support to a student with special educational needs, ensuring their physical, emotional, and educational well-being.
- Collaborate with the class teacher and SENCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator) to develop and implement personalized learning plans.
- Assist with planning and delivering individualized interventions and activities to support the student's progress.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment, promoting independent learning and social integration.
- Monitor and track the student's progress, providing regular feedback to the class teacher and SENCO.
- Maintain accurate records and contribute to the development of reports and assessments.
- Collaborate with other professionals, parents, and external agencies to ensure holistic support for the student.
- Previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant, preferably in a special educational needs setting, would be beneficial.
- A genuine passion for working with children with special educational needs, demonstrating empathy, patience, and understanding.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with students, teachers, parents, and external professionals.
- Ability to adapt teaching strategies and resources to meet individual needs.
- A valid DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) certificate, or willingness to obtain one prior to starting the role.
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team and making a difference in the lives of children with special educational needs, please submit your CV and a cover letter clearly indicating your preferred start date (ASAP or September). Please state any relevant experience and your motivation to work with Dunbar Education.