Dunbar Education Recruitment Agency is seeking a passionate and dedicated 1:1 SEN (Special Educational Needs) Teaching Assistant to join a dynamic educational team in Northampton. Start date is ASAP and we are looking for a full-time candidate who possesses relevant SEN experience, which will be highly beneficial in this role.
Role Overview: As a 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting the educational and personal development of a student with special educational needs. Your main responsibility will be to work closely with the student on an individual basis, tailoring learning strategies and providing support to enable them to achieve their academic goals and overcome any challenges they may face.
- Work closely with the SEN Coordinator and other educational staff to understand the specific needs of the student.
- Implement tailored learning plans, strategies, and interventions to support the student's learning and development.
- Create a supportive and inclusive learning environment that fosters the student's confidence and self-esteem.
- Assist the student in accessing the curriculum, adapting materials as required to suit their individual needs.
- Monitor and record the student's progress, reporting any concerns or successes to the appropriate staff.
- Collaborate with parents/guardians, providing regular updates on the student's progress and offering advice on how they can support their child's learning at home.
- Experience working as a Teaching Assistant, with a specific focus on supporting students with special educational needs (SEN).
- Passion for working with children with diverse learning needs and a genuine desire to make a positive impact on their lives.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively liaise with staff, parents, and external professionals.
- Patience, empathy, and understanding in supporting students facing educational challenges.
- Flexibility and adaptability to respond to the changing needs of the student and the school environment.
- Relevant qualifications and training in SEN, such as CACHE Level 2 or 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (desirable but not essential).
Working Hours: Full-time, Monday to Friday.
Start Date: ASAP
How to Apply: If you are enthusiastic about working as a 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant and meet the above criteria, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your up-to-date CV and a compelling cover letter detailing your relevant experience and motivation for this role.