Behaviour Support Assistant
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employer: Dunbar Education
Work Setting: Primary School
About Dunbar Education: Dunbar Education is a leading education recruitment agency dedicated to connecting talented educators with rewarding career opportunities. We are committed to making a difference in the lives of students and providing support to schools in their mission to deliver high-quality education.
Job Description: We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Behaviour Support Assistant to join our team in Hemel Hempstead. In this full-time role, you will work within a primary school setting, providing valuable support to students with behavioural challenges. This is a permanent opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of young learners.
- Assist in implementing behaviour management strategies and interventions.
- Support students with individualised behaviour plans.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Provide one-on-one or small group support as needed.
- Collaborate with teachers and other professionals to develop and implement effective strategies.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress and behaviour.
- Promote a safe and respectful school atmosphere.
- Act as a positive role model for students.
- A minimum of GCSEs in English and Math (or equivalent).
- Previous experience working with children or young people, particularly those with behavioural challenges.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Empathy and patience when working with students.
- The ability to remain calm and composed in challenging situations.
- A genuine passion for making a difference in the lives of children.
- Competitive pay based on experience.
- Full-time position with job security.
- Access to over 1000 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses to support your career growth.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and supportive school environment.
- Ongoing training and support from Dunbar Education.
- Chance to make a positive impact on the lives of students.
How to Apply: If you are passionate about helping students overcome behavioural challenges and are excited about the prospect of working in a primary school setting, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and a brief cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are a great fit for this role
Dunbar Education is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.