Dunbar Education is a leading education recruitment agency with a proven track record of successfully placing high-quality staff in schools across the UK. We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Behaviour Support Mentor to join our team.
The Role: As a Behaviour Support Mentor, you will work closely with students who require additional support with their behaviour, promoting positive behaviour and providing guidance where necessary. You will work collaboratively with teachers, parents and other support staff to ensure students receive the best possible support.
- Work with individual students or groups to develop strategies for improving their behaviour and attitude towards learning
- Monitor and record progress of students, and provide regular feedback to teachers and parents
- Identify any underlying causes of challenging behaviour and develop plans to address these
- Work collaboratively with teachers, parents and other support staff to ensure students receive the best possible support
- Maintain accurate records and produce reports on student progress as required
- Promote positive behaviour and attitudes throughout the school
- Previous experience working with students with challenging behaviour would be beneficial
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- DBS check or willing to obtain one
- Passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of young people
If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging role, and have a passion for helping young people to reach their full potential, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to us today.