As a Communication Support Worker at Dunbar Education, you will play a vital role in supporting students with communication difficulties or impairments to access the curriculum effectively. You will work collaboratively with teachers, educational professionals, and students to facilitate communication and ensure students' needs are met.
- Provide one-to-one or small group support to students with communication difficulties or impairments.
- Assist students in developing their communication skills, including speech, sign language, and alternative communication methods.
- Collaborate with teachers to adapt and differentiate learning materials to meet individual students' needs.
- Support students during lessons, ensuring they can access the curriculum and participate fully.
- Aid in the implementation of strategies and accommodations outlined in students' Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- Foster a supportive and inclusive learning environment for students, promoting their independence and self-confidence.
- Monitor and record students' progress, providing feedback to teachers and educational professionals.
- Collaborate with parents/guardians and other relevant stakeholders to ensure consistency and continuity of support.
- Stay up to date with best practices, research, and developments in the field of communication support.
- Relevant qualifications in communication support, such as British Sign Language (BSL) Level 2 or higher.
- Experience working with students with communication difficulties or impairments in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of different communication methods and assistive technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive relationships with students, teachers, and parents.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine desire to support students' learning and development.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of students and the educational environment.
- Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance, or willingness to undergo the check.
- Competitive salary package based on qualifications and experience.
- Professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on students' lives and educational outcomes.