Dunbar Education is a well-established Education Agency based in Milton Keynes. We are dedicated to providing high-quality proffessionals to schools across Milyton Keynes . Our team is passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of of students, and we are looking for a dedicated Communication Support Worker to join us in achieving this mission.
As a Communication Support Worker, your primary responsibility will be to assist students with communication difficulties in their learning journey. You will work closely with our teaching staff and therapists to provide one-on-one and small group support to ensure that our students can fully engage with their education.
Supporting Communication: Work with students to develop their communication skills, using methods such as sign language, visual aids, or other communication tools as required.
Assisting in Lessons: Collaborate with teaching staff to ensure that students can access the curriculum and participate in classroom activities effectively.
Individualized Support: Provide one-on-one support to students with specific communication needs, tailoring your approach to meet their unique requirements.
Monitoring Progress: Keep records of student progress and report any concerns or improvements to the teaching team and parents/guardians.
Creating a Positive Learning Environment: Foster a supportive and inclusive atmosphere within the school, where students feel comfortable and motivated to learn.
Collaborative Approach: Collaborate with speech and language therapists and other specialists to develop and implement strategies to enhance students' communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience working in a similar role, particularly in an SEN setting, is preferred but not essential.
- A qualification in Communication Support or related fields would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of various communication techniques and tools is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for working with children with communication difficulties.
- Competitive salary based on experience (£18,000 - £24,000).
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- A supportive and collaborative working environment.
- The chance to make a meaningful impact on the lives of children with special educational needs.
How to Apply:
If you are a dedicated and compassionate individual with a passion for supporting children with communication difficulties, we would love to hear from you.