We are currently seeking a dedicated and compassionate Complex Needs Assistant to join our team. As a Complex Needs Assistant, you will provide support and care to individuals with complex needs, such as physical disabilities, learning difficulties, and mental health challenges. Your role will involve assisting with daily activities, personal care, and promoting independence and well-being.
- Provide personal care and support to individuals with complex needs, ensuring their physical and emotional well-being.
- Assist with daily activities, including dressing, bathing, meal preparation, and medication administration.
- Foster a safe and inclusive environment for individuals with complex needs, promoting their independence and dignity.
- Implement individual care plans and support strategies, ensuring that the specific needs and goals of each individual are met.
- Monitor and record individuals' progress and behavior, reporting any concerns or changes to the appropriate team members.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, including healthcare professionals, social workers, and therapists, to provide comprehensive care and support.
- Engage individuals in meaningful activities and social interactions, promoting their participation and inclusion within the community.
- Provide emotional support and companionship to individuals, fostering positive relationships and a sense of belonging.
- Attend training sessions and workshops to enhance your knowledge and skills in supporting individuals with complex needs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous experience working with individuals with complex needs, such as disabilities, learning difficulties, or mental health challenges.
- Understanding of person-centered approaches and the ability to promote independence and choice.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport and establish positive relationships with individuals and their families.
- Empathy, patience, and the ability to provide emotional support and understanding.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, following instructions and care plans effectively.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Flexibility in working hours, as the role may require shift work or weekend/evening availability.